Friday, January 25, 2013

Beatrice's green dress

I'm learning to draw manga/anime. I really want to be able to draw pictures of my characters. I watched this video, thinking I could follow the way Mr. Crilley does it to make my own drawing of Beatrice giving Adrimond a kiss on the cheek (he would be SHOCKED).



(It's long, but you could skip to the end and see what I mean.)

Then I realized I have no idea how to draw the dress that she wears. It's her uniform from her job as a waitress, an emerald-green dress made of satin-y material. I wasn't sure what the neckline style would be called, so I did an image search for "green dress" and came up with this. It's exactly the style, if not the same color or material. Knee-length A-line skirt, and I think I figured out that it's a sweetheart neckline with short sleeves. (Correct me if I'm still confused... I'm almost as bad as Mr. Crilley at knowing what to call fashion-y things sometimes. :P )

I also found this, which I LOVE. (Beatrice would so hate it, floaty things aren't her style.)

I haven't gotten to Adrimond's clothes yet, but he wears a vest suit sort of like the one Patrick Jane wears, only brown and cream, and pretty old and threadbare because it's from a secondhand shop. He has a long coat too, also brown. I could probably just use the one in the video as a guide if I want to.

Dude. Stop. Staring. At. Me! :P
His pockets are always full of random tools, but he doesn't wear goggles, fortunately for me, because I know that would be harder to draw.

I will post the drawing when I'm done. . . even if it's bad! (I hope it won't be!)



No comments:

Post a Comment