Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books For People Who Liked Harry Potter



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

I've wanted to make a list like this ever since I saw one in a library somewhere as a kid -- "If You Liked Harry Potter" or something -- with a whole bunch of books on it that I had read and hated, and others that I had already read a million times (Chronicles of Narnia, I'm looking at you). I wanted a better one so much. Well, here's mine!

1. The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander

2. Fablehaven by Brandon Mull

3. Monster Blood Tattoo / The Foundling's Tale by D. M. Cornish

4. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

5. Gregor the Overlander (and following series) by Suzanne Collins (Better than Hunger Games, imho.)

6. Howl's Moving Castle and sequels by Diana Wynne Jones

7. Finding Angel by Kat Heckenbach

8. On The Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness by Andrew Peterson. Don't let the title fool you, it's actually really good. And the following books in the series are even better.

9. Dragonspell by Donita K. Paul (The third book of this series is the best one.)

10. By Darkness Hid by Jill Williamson



1 comment:

  1. Good list! It's hard to make recommendations for lovers of HP, since people enjoyed those books for so many reasons--but I've read and loved several of these, and have some of the others (Finding Angel, Fablehaven, possibly Dragonspell) on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete